Here you can download the beta version of the Cappasity application – https://testflight.apple.com/join/w9qqbxsO
The mode now available to you allows to shoot small items.
This mode is compatible with:
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPad (6 gen)
iPad (5 gen)
The sequence of shooting is as follows:
1) Select the object that you want to shoot and print out the paper sheet with markers. We recommend shooting rings with “small” marker, and objects like watches with a “normal” marker.
The sheet of paper must be clean and not crumpled.
2) Place the item RIGHT IN THE CENTER of the printed sheet. Move the camera away so that all the markers are visible. Note that as the sheet rotates, the number of visible markers may decrease.
Green and red lines indicate how well the sheet is visible from a certain angle. You need to ensure that all lines turn green. After that you can start shooting.
ATTENTION! The item should not go beyond the borders of the sheet, otherwise parts of it will be cut off. Correctly choose the shooting angle. The application captures only the contents inside the paper sheet with the markers.
3) You’ll need to rotate the paper sheet with the object on it by hand. Try to do this evenly and minimize the number of breaks. Your hand should hold the sheet in the area where the markers are printed without obstructing the lens.
4) After the end of processing, you will be offered a background removal mode. The default values are already set, but you can make adjustments using the slider.
5) The borders of the object will be determined and the object itself – centered on the next screen.
6) You can apply the filters and then upload the 3D View to your account. We recommend adding “sharpness” to make the 3D View clearer.
7) By using your web account you’ll be able to share a link to a 3D View or embed it in your website. To do this, follow the link: https://3d.cappasity.com/u/your_supername, select 3D View and click Embed. This is an iframe code that can be embedded into most site editors. For more details follow the link: https://cappasity.com/3d-product-imaging/ (Tips for embedding)
8) We’ll be very grateful if you could share the video of yourself shooting the object and include the link to your 3D View. Please send the results to email@example.com.
Any and all feedback is welcome. If you face any difficulties, don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll do our best to fix the problems before the public release.